Season and Hours
Open mid-June, whenever the cherries ripen, until late October or early November, whenever all of the apples have been sold.
We accept cash only.
Some fruit has limited availability because either the season is very short or demand is high (all cherries and some unusual varieties of apples in particular). Please CHECK FOR AVAILABILITY of fruit before you come by checking the Norman's Orchard Facebook page or by calling 724-224-9491.
Tuesday through Saturday 10am – 6pm
Sunday 12pm – 5pm
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 10 am - 3 pm
Wednesday through Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
Sunday 12 pm - 5 pm
Closed Monday and Tuesday
We are pick-your-own during all open hours, as long as there is fruit available for picking.
Follow our Norman's Orchard Facebook page for updates throughout the season.
All dates are approximate and depend upon the weather.
CHECK IN ADVANCE to be sure that we have the fruit you want. Call 724-224-9491, 480-220-8228, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Facebook.
- Sweet Cherries, week 2 until the third or fourth week
- Tart cherries, week 2 or 3 until the third or fourth week
- Blueberries, week 4 until the third week of July
- Blueberries continue through the third week
- Wealthy cooking apples, mid to late month
- Grapes, mid August to early September
- Pears (Bartlett, Bosc, Lincoln, Seckel, Anjou, Comice), mid August through early September
- Summer Rambo apples, mid August through early September
- Jonamac apples, late month
- Summer Rambo, Jonamac apples, continued to early September
- Grapes, continued to early September
- Pears, continued to mid September
- Gala and Honeycrisp apples, early to mid month
- Jonared, Jonathan, Imperial Red Jonathan, Empire, Royal Empire apples, early to mid month
- Anjou pears, mid-month
- Cortland and Cox's Orange Pippin apples, mid to late month
- Jonagold, Red Jonaprince, Double Red Delicious and Red Delicious apples, mid to late month
- Golden Delicious and Grimes Golden apples, mid to late month
- Crispin (aka Mutsu) and Northern Spy apples, late September to early October
- Fresh Apple Cider available throughout the month
- Jonagold, Double Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Crispin and Northern Spy apples continue to early October
- King David apples, early month
- Spitzenburg, Albemarle Pippin, Myers Royal Limbertwig apples, early to mid month
- Giant Winesap, Stayman Winesap, Red Winesap, Roxbury Russett and York Imperial apples, early to mid month
- Arkansas Black and Rome Beauty apples, mid month
||Norman's Orchard Apple Butter and local honey are available all season.
2318 Butler Logan Road
Tarentum, PA 15084
About 20 miles north of Pittsburgh off the Pittsburgh Mills exit (#12A) of Route 28
Northwest on Butler Logan Road for about 2 miles
(Please note: do NOT take Exit 13 from the south, even if your GPS directs you to do so. Take Exit 12A.)